Thursday, June 30, 2011

DIY- Great Idea, Hard to Conquer

The bloom is off the rose, with sewing that is. I like DIY, and I seek out those people/books/sites that educate on how to make things. But it's frickin' hard, and time-consuming. Getting pricked by the pins, wasting fabric from bad cuts, and trying to figure out how to sew on the SKINNIEST zipper in human history are all things that get a little exhausting after a while. 

In any case, my wife and I have some leftover fabric from building a window bench in our kitchen. That was the reason that I learned to sew in the first place (cushions are the most expensive thing in this world as a function of their utility). We're hoping to be able to make this fabric last in order to sew the entire top bed (above the driver's seat). I bought some white canvas for the bottom, since the mattress is not reversible, so that we could make the blue fabric go farther. We'll see how that ends up.

No comments:

Post a Comment